LST-664 was laid down on 28 January 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 13 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. R. W. Caldwell, Jr.; and commissioned on 10 May 1944, Lt. John R. Burke in command.
During World War II, LST-664 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Following the war, she was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 19 April 1955 where she served as USNS LST-664 until struck from the Navy list on 15 June 1973. On 23 October 1973, the ship was sold to Majid Karoon, Khorramshahr, Iran, for scrapping.
LST-664 earned one battle star for World War II service.