Joseph M. Clark
A former name retained.
(SP-1244: t. 93; l. 86'2"; b. 20'7"; dr. 11'; s. 11 k.; a. 23-pdrs.)
Joseph M. Clark, a steam tug, built in 1899 by the R. W. Spedden Co., Baltimore, Md., was leased by the Navy from Joseph M. Clark & Co. of Norfolk, Va. 26 October 1917, and commissioned the same day, Boatswain Merriken, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 5th Naval District at Norfolk, Joseph M. Clark served as a harbor tug and section patrol sweeper out of Norfolk, operating along the lower reaches of the James and Elizabeth Rivers. She decommissioned 12 November and was returned to her owner.