(Brig: t. 509; l. 117'11"; cpl. 160; a. 16 42-pdr. car., 4 long 24-pdrs.)
Jones was built at Sackett's Harbor, N.Y., for service in Commodore Isaac Chauncey's fleet on Lake Ontario and was launched 10 April 1814.
Most of the cannon for the new American ships had not reached Sackett's Harbor 19 May when the British fleet arrived off the American base and established a strict blockade which temporarily bottled up the heavily outgunned American squadron. After the British commander, Sir James Yeo, raised the blockade 6 June, an epidemic struck the American fleet causing further delay.
Jones sailed with Chauncey's vessels 31 July and arrived off Niagara 5 August. As the American ships approached that port, now in British hands, they intercepted enemy brig Charwell and chased her ashore where her crew set her ablaze. Chauncey then sailed to Kingston via York arriving 9 August. The next day Jones and schooner Conquest were ordered to cruise between Oswego and Sackett's Harbor protecting American communications.
Jones rejoined the fleet 17 September and operated with it during the remainder of the navigation season attempting to draw Sir James Yeo's ships into a decisive contest. Toward the end of November she returned to Sackett's Harbor, where she served as a receiving ship for several years after the end of the war. She was sold and broken up in 1821.