Towns in California, Idaho, Maine, and Michigan.
Former name retained.
(AK: lbp. 345'; b. 49'10"; dr. 23'8"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 70)
The second Eastport (No. 3342) was built in August 1918 by Osaka Iron Works Co., Inneshima, Japan; converted by Puget Sound Navy Yard; transferred to the Navy by the Shipping Board 18 October 1918; and commissioned the same day, Lieutenant Commander G. F. Swanson, USNRF, in command.
Sailing from Puget Sound Navy Yard, 29 October 1918, Eastport arrived at Valparaiso, 30 November 1918, with a cargo of coke and exchanged it for one of Chilean nitrate, which she delivered to Jacksonville, Fla., 25 January 1919. She loaded cotton and other cargo at Galveston and crossed the Atlantic from Norfolk, arriving at Le Havre 4 April.
On the 30th, she got underway for New Orleans, coaling at Cardiff and assisting the disabled NOTS cargo ship West Grama en route. She arrived at New Orleans, 15 June. Eastport was decommissioned 19 June 1919 and returned to the Shipping Board for disposal the same day.