(SwStr: t. 1,063; l. 240'; b. 30'; dph. 13'; dr. 10'; cl. Albatross)
Albatross was the first of a pair of fast (260 nominal h.p.) ships designed for the Confederate Navy to the order of Fraser, Trenholm & Co., Liverpool, and negotiated by Comdr. James D. Bulloch, CSN. Ordered in the well known Birkenhead yard, she was built as Lairds Hull No. 319 early in 1865, but it is unlikely that she was delivered in time to serve the Confederacy. Later she was sold to an Admiral Grenfell, RN, and was renamed Isabel.